Bactericides, also known as biocides, bactericides, microbicides, etc., usually refer to chemicals that effectively control or kill microorganisms in the water system - bacteria, fungi and algae. It is mainly divided into two kinds: agricultural fungicides and industrial fungicides.
It is a kind of pesticide used to control plant diseases caused by various pathogenic microorganisms, generally referring to fungicide. But internationally, it is usually used as a general agent for the prevention and treatment of all kinds of pathogenic microorganisms. With the development of fungicides, bacteria killing agents, virus killing agents and algicide agents have been isolated.
According to the bactericidal mechanism, it can be divided into two categories: oxidizing fungicides and non oxidizing fungicides. Oxidizing fungicides are usually strong oxidants, which are mainly bactericidal by mainly oxidizing enzymes in bacteria. Commonly used oxidizing fungicides include chlorine, chlorine dioxide, bromine, ozone, hydrogen peroxide and so on. Non oxidizing fungicides are the same as toxic agents in the special parts of microbes, thus destroying microorganism cells or life bodies to achieve bactericidal effect. The common non oxidizing fungicides are chlorophenols, isothiazolones and quaternary ammonium salts.
According to the sources of fungicides, the main varieties, except for the agricultural antibiotics, are biocides, and the fungicides are a kind of fungicides used to prevent and control plant diseases. Any fungicide that has the effect of killing or inhibiting growth, but does not impede the normal growth of plants, is commonly referred to as fungicides. Fungicides can be classified according to the way of action, source and chemical composition of raw materials.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Correct use of insecticides
- The main components of the insecticide
- Current situation of the developmen...
- Insecticide killing methods
- Fungicide operation method
- Method for improving the effect of ...
- Fungicide determination method
- The difference between industrial f...
- The effect of plant growth regulators
- What are the plant regulators to im...
- What is a Pesticide?
- Water-dispersible granule (WG or WDG)
- Production of chemical pesticides i...
- The list of pesticides banned or re...