Bayer announced the launch in Brazil of the fungicide Fox Xpro, a triple mixture to combat fungi that causes ramularia (Ramularia areola) – the main threat to cotton production in Brazil. In addition to helping to control this disease, the product is also to be used for the control of fungal diseases in cotton, barley, sunflower, corn, soybean and wheat crops.
The fungicide Fox Xpro is composed of bixafen, a SDHI (succinate dehydrogenase inhibitors), prothioconazole, a new generation of DMIs (C-14 Demethylation Inhibitors) and trifloxystrobin, a strobirulin, belonging to the group of QoIs (Quinone Inhibitors Oxidase). This combination of different effective active ingredients is part of a resistance management strategy, noted Bayer.
According to Marcos Dallagnese, Bayer's fungicides manager, this innovation reinforces Bayer's portfolio and consolidate its leadership in the fungicide market, as well as provides Brazilian producers with a new tool with three action sites and three effective active principles, preserving the sustainability of phytosanitary management.
"Fox Xpro is part of Bayer's investment plan in Brazilian agriculture and will be another indispensable tool in crop protection, helping the producer to increase his productivity in a sustainable way. Cotton will be the first crop for which we will launch the product, where we unite technology and confidence to reinforce our commitment to cotton growing. Fox Xpro brings optimization and flexibility to the intelligent management of cotton diseases,” said Dallagnese.
Embrapa points to ramularia as the main cotton disease currently found in Brazil. In conditions such as the Cerrado, where more than 90% of the national production is concentrated, the pathogen finds the region offering a favorable environment to develop. "It is important that the applications are well planned, following the agronomic recommendation and using a strategy of sustainable management from the environmental, social and economic point of view. An important point in Fox Xpro's formulation is that it combines different effective active ingredients, which helps in the management of resistance," added Dallagnese.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Correct use of insecticides
- The main components of the insecticide
- Current situation of the developmen...
- Insecticide killing methods
- Main species of fungicides
- Fungicide operation method
- Method for improving the effect of ...
- Fungicide determination method
- The difference between industrial f...
- The effect of plant growth regulators
- Classification of fungal insecticides
- 9 use errors of insecticides
- The new fungicide is very safe for ...
- Pesticide quality standard
- Two sodium chloroisocyanurate can k...
- Taboos on the Use of Pesticides
- Can you use fungicides?
- ISO approves three new pesticide co...
- China’s most stringent soil polluti...